In case you weren’t aware, the Season 2 DVD came out today and has a whole montage of moments just like this. You should consider buying it, immediately. Run.
She went to the Con as 221 B Baker St.
omg that’s brilliant I want that dress
#okay #so can we talk about how fucking smart this show used to be #maybe things were ridiculous #sometimes #but LABOR CAMPS #ENGLAND FOR THE ENGLISH #and an anti-war captain #and the most telling thing that goes unsaid here #is why history education is important—because who knows if Donna would have realized on her own what ‘labor camps’ mean #and an empowered and educated working class might have stopped the government from going this far #this is also an example of the shock doctrine at work#and ALL OF THAT I got from thirty seconds of a family show #yeah maybe it wasn’t as flashy as it is now #but rtd’s era was so much better #because of moments like this (via omfgcate)
I don’t know if this has been done or not but oh well~
A Glasgow nightclub has installed a two-way mirror which allows male revellers in private booths to spy on unsuspecting women as they visit the toilet! With no notification or signage anywhere in the venue many female club goers have been left feeling embarrassed and used. Although they do briefly show the mirrors in a promo video, the club has been quickly deleting comments and posts on their social media from club goers trying to alert others to the situation. This is pretty much illegal and hugley violates privacy. Thank you The Shimmy Club for giving us a shiny, new, creative and cool take on objectification.
i’m never leaving my house again, this world is just too fucked up.
gross gross gross gross gross
Good morning disgusting.
- “No space, leave the place” (fingernail test)
- A two way mirror must be set INTO the wall, not placed on top of it.
- If you rap/knock against the mirror, one installed onto a wall (a normal mirror) will make a dull sound, because there’s something behind it. A two-way will have more reverberation.
- Use the flashlight on your phone to shine on the mirror, if it’s a two-way, you’ll be able to see into the other room.
- You can also shield your eyes and see in if you lean up against the glass.
- The room being viewed will have to be brightly lit (10x brighter than the room looking in), so if you’re in a typical dimly lit club bathroom, you’re ok.
Remember ladies, don’t expect to leave your house an be treated like an autonomous person who doesn’t have to search every bathroom, powder room, and elevator like you’re in a fucking neo noir spy film! So pass on these safety tips that reaffirm that deep knot of dread in your stomach telling you your humanity is up for debate!